Why Americans keep running all the time?

Because they are fitness freaks with nothing better to do would have been my natural answer a few months ago, when I used to observe them jogging in the merciless Sun while sitting coolly beside the window of the air conditioned bus, but now I wouldn't say that; this maniac jogging or running at odd times of the day whether it's bright or dark has much more deeper reasons, it gives a rare relief, for when they have ran for a mile and they know their legs won't trot a yard more, they still stagger further in greed, and that's when I believe that relief surges into their nerves, somehow, all the tension that they have been carrying for whole day long is casually forgotten, the sweat that's streaming down their neck and spine behaves as a coolant, the wind that is nowhere to be seen, seems not to blow against their body but instead glides it forward, the world simplifies itself and yields to be conquered, and they loose themselves upon the road, even if that contributes only a few feet in the battle in which they have unleashed their very souls, truly, they morph into some lone warriors pursuing winding and tortuous lanes in search of hidden glory, only if they could carry flaming torches in their hands, more would have joined them, followed them, worshiped them, but I am not going to do that anymore, nor I am going to merely observe or envy them, because, I too, now feel what they have always felt and cherished alone as I too have now begun that daily battle on evening roads, I am now becoming them.

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Book: "To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf (...)
Current Music: "Sweet Disposition" by The Temper Trap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------People who read this post also liked :


2 comments:

Ghost Rider said...

Good song for the occasion too! But very true. I don't know how, but physical exertion somehow always seem to overcome the mental exertion!

Tanya said...

^^Yeah, physical pain always kills mental pain.

Post a Comment

The Thought Pad Headline Animator

Hottest Posts

Make your own

About Me

My photo
My little body is aweary of this great world. An Indian PhD student horsing around in Europe.

Subscribe Some Shit

Followers

FeedCount